Work with Fidelity
Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Job Title: Accounts Receivable and Payable (AR/AP) Clerk
Location: Colborne, ON
Our high-growth business is seeking an experienced AR/AP clerk to take ownership of a vital role. The accounting clerk will own the processing of invoices and related file storage. This position will interact with the management team and front-line sales staff in addition to vendors and customers to ensure that all transactions are captured accurately and in a timely manner. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet organizational objectives and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- Full cycle processing and accountability for accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, collections, payment processing and employee expense reporting/reconciliation
- Compliance in sales tax collection/remittance/reporting as required by both the provincial and federal governments
- Completion of journal entries, assisting in year-end reporting/audits and special projects
- Complete process documentation and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Demonstrate the company’s dedication to customer service and professionalism
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Experience with Sage accounting software or similar product required
- Knowledge of organized electronic file storage required
- Knowledge of accounting principles required
- Related educational credentials considered an asset
Qualities / Skills:
- Extremely organized, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated
- High level of integrity and confidentiality in all areas
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change
- Ability to learn and eager to participate in continuous improvement
- Energetic and able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Demonstrates superior time management skills
This is a full-time role, 30-40 hours per week. This role is for someone with strong attention to detail who takes pride in a job well done. We offer a competitive compensation package with the opportunity for a flexible work schedule. Please send your resume in confidence by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.