Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Job Title: Yard Associate
Location: Colborne, ON
Our high-growth business is seeking a motivated individual that has a passion for customer service. Reporting to the Landscape Yard Manager, the Yard Associate will primarily be responsible for providing homeowners and contractors with assistance in the selection and loading of purchases, delivering products to residential and commercial properties, all while maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise in the yard, answer customer questions and provide information on products and policies
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service
- Keep work area and yard organized and tidy
- Assist in loading and unloading products
- Unload and verify supplier deliveries
- Check inventory levels and inform Yard Manager when product is low/out of stock
- Complete daily inspections of equipment/trucks and other required forms
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures
- Consistently exhibit behaviour reflective of the Fidelity Landscape’s professional image
- Support and assist other Fidelity staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experienced truck and equipment operator
- Able to operate a 5 ton dump box truck, also occasionally a tandem roll off dump truck
- Strong operator skills in various pieces of equipment (i.e. front end loader, Moffat lift truck, skid steer, etc.)
- DZ license will be considered an asset
- Experience in using hand tools, and operation of a quick cut saw
Qualities / Skills:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Excellent math, problem solving and organizational skills
- Be a fast learner and have the ability to perform multiple tasks at once
- Come to work every day with a positive attitude
- Ability to lift heavy materials
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to work long hours/weekends in summertime
- Strong team player yet still able to work independently with minimal supervision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work outdoors, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust. The work can be repetitive and physically demanding, requiring frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and shovelling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds
- Must be able to work up to 6 days a week with some weekend rotations
- Move and handle materials and products, which entails lifting
- Frequent walking required
We offer a competitive compensation package. Please send your resume in confidence by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.