Work with Fidelity
Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Job Title: Seasonal and Summer General Labourers
Location: Various Project Sites
Our high-growth business is seeking motivated individuals to join our Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. team. Reporting to the site foreman, this position will be responsible for completing various job duties throughout the day, all in an effort to ensure the project meets the required quality and schedule.
- Perform all duties assigned by a Supervisor or Foreman
- Assist in the preparation of job sites prior to the beginning of a project
- Operate various tools and equipment, including, skid steers, power tools, and hand tools
- Level aggregate to grade specifications
- Assist with forming and pouring concrete
- Load and unload material, tools, and equipment required to complete construction projects
- Direct traffic at constructions sites
- Ensure housekeeping is consistently maintained
- Comply with company safety policies, procedures, and regulations
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
- Support all team members as required
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years of construction experience in exterior hardscape (preferred)
- G-Class driver’s license (preferred)
- Quality Technician experience considered an asset
- Ability to travel to project sites as required
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours & weekends
Qualities / Skills:
- Considerable knowledge with forming, working with concrete, and laying paving stones
- Familiar with grading
- Some knowledge with reading construction drawings and or blueprints
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, and heavy equipment
- Willingness to learn through job specific training
- Ability to work with strict project deadlines
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to take direction
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and shovelling.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold
We offer a competitive compensation package. Please send your resume in confidence by clicking the APPLY NOW button.
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.