Work with Fidelity
Fidelity Group of Companies – with the largest entities being Fidelity Engineering & Construction Inc. and Fidelity Homes Inc. – are fast growing industry leaders specializing in heavy civil construction projects, residential home building, real estate development, and landscape retail products. Administrative offices are located in Colborne, Ontario.
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Location: Various Project Sites
Our high-growth business is seeking experienced Heavy Equipment Operators who are capable of operating equipment such as excavators, dozers, loaders in a safe and productive manner to join the Fidelity Engineering and Construction team. This position will play a key role in the organization’s ability to efficiently meet project deadlines and contribute to the organization’s total customer satisfaction effort.
- Grade site according to elevation plan
- Ensure accuracy of excavations depths
- Manage excavated materials in small spaces
- Ensure safety of machinery access area
- Loading trucks and moving materials as required
- Attention to and maintenance of locate markings
- Perform all work according to industry and company standard
- Follow health and safety guidelines at all times
- Demonstrate the company’s dedication to customer service and professionalism
- Always wear personal protective equipment as required
- Valid “G” driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract
- Minimum 1 year experience operating skid steers
- Able to work long days, flexible work hours & weekends
- Ability to travel to project sites as required
Qualities / Skills:
- Demonstrated safety mindset; ability to actively participate in all safety initiatives
- Reliable with a strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and be versatile to change
- Strong mechanical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exhibits strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Demonstrates superior time management skills
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding, requiring but not limited to frequent bending, kneeling, lifting, and climbing.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat, humidity, dust, noise, and cold
We offer a competitive compensation package. Please send your resume in confidence by clicking APPLY NOW button.
Fidelity Group of Companies welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.